How to effectively paint Aluminum Siding
Aluminum siding has long been proven as the preferred choice for siding in Toronto. This is because when moist or salty air comes into contact with the aluminum siding it forms hard oxides of the metal which cover up and protect the metal from further damage.
A great way of protecting your Aluminum Siding Toronto is painting it with your favorite color. Painting is also recommended instead of replacing rusty sidings to save money. Follow these steps on how to carefully paint aluminum siding Mississauga:
- Step 1: Check whether the siding is made of aluminum or steel. Use a magnet, if the magnet stick to the siding then it is steel. If it is steel consult a professional on how and what to paint it with.
- Step 2: Using a pole slander remove any dirt or plants off the siding and thoroughly rinse any detergent that is on the siding.
- Step 3: Lightly sand the siding wherever necessary. This will allow the paint to adhere to the siding and prevent chipping of the freshly dried paint.
- Step 4: Assess the siding and decide whether it needs primer coating. If unsure of where to apply it just apply it to the whole siding and leave it to dry.
- Step 5: Finally finish the process by applying a coat of Acrylic Latex. Use one with a low luster or satin finish as it gives the original look. If possible, use an airless sprayer; you can easily rent out a machine in the Mississauga area.