5 Signs That Tell Its Time for Soffit and Fascia Replacement
When you are a homeowner, you cannot neglect regular maintenance and repairs that your home needs. Experts say that one should have 1% of the home’s purchase price available for repairs every year.
Replacing windows, repairing gutters, repairing bathroom and kitchen, replacing rugs and carpets are few of the things that you may need to do, in order to keep your home in good condition.
Additionally, one also needs to take care of the most crucial parts of the house that are soffits and fascia.
Soffits and fascia provide a more finished look to your home and help in protecting the roof by keeping out debris, water and rodents. Thus, it is important to keep them in good condition.
However, over time, due to harsh weather conditions and low maintenance, they may need replacement.
Now, you might be wondering how to determine that soffits and fascia of your home need replacement. Let us help you then! The following are the few signs that indicate it’s time to hire soffits and fascia replacement company.
- Cracks and flaking paint – When you notice cracked and flaking paint on your soffits or fascia then it may be time for a replacement. Moreover, cracked paint harm the curb appeal of your home, and if you are planning to sell your home in the near future, then potential buyers may not buy it. This issue can even cause water to leak into your home. It can worsen the condition and can lead to the growth of mold in your home.
- Presence of pests in the home – Nothing can be more annoying than having pests in the house. Especially in winters pests search for shelter in your home. Bugs and rodents can cause severe damage to the home, and it is only soffits and fascia that keep them out of your attic and roof. So, if you ever hear noise above your head or find signs of droppings and nests in your attic, then there might be some issue with your fascia and soffits. Get it checked at the earliest and if required then get the soffits and fascia replaced.
- Lack of Ventilation – Soffits help in providing proper ventilation. Moreover, they help in preventing heat and moisture from entering your home. If you are not getting adequate ventilation, then your soffits may be damaged and need replacement.
- Suspicion of Asbestos – Asbestos is a hazardous material and can cause health issues. Thus, if you ever suspect that asbestos is used in your soffits and fascia, prefer calling the professionals immediately. Experts will examine it thoroughly, and if found, they will devise a safe removal plan.
- Leaky gutters – It is the fascia that provides structural support to your eaves. If it gets damaged, then gutters don’t get the needed support, and they may begin to leak. Leaky gutters can prove to be disastrous for your home. So, experts suggest getting the fascia examined and replaced if necessary.